TestBot changes

Greg Geldorp ggeldorp at vmware.com
Mon Apr 19 03:18:22 CDT 2010

Hi Paul,

> From: Paul Vriens [mailto:paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com]
> > On 04/19/2010 09:46 AM, Greg Geldorp wrote:
> > - Skip tests if required DLL is not available
>
> Winetest.exe has some extra testing for com and .net provided dll's.
> Does the testbot take this into account as well?

I started implementing the search for COM DLLs just like winetest.exe
does, but abandoned that. The only affected DLL seems to be oledb32.dll,
and oledb32_test.exe doesn't import oledb32.dll statically. So I believe
a better solution would be to handle object creation failures in the
test at runtime, instead of relying on picking apart the name of the
test executable to see which DLL is being tested. Of the two test sets
that oledb32_test implements, one already handles object creation
failure correctly, the other doesn't.

I did notice the check for .NET DLLs but it wasn't clear to me when this
would be used?

Ge.