[1/2] include/wine: add option to specify the unittest target via environment variable

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 14:22:47 CDT 2010

On 04/20/2010 09:04 PM, Juan Lang wrote:
>>> To get around this problem and make a valid unittest without fixing the
>>> problem, i looked for another way to pass the test target to the
>>> executable.
>>
>> This statement classifies this patch as a hack, not?
>
> Perhaps, but there's a chicken and egg problem:  fixing the problem
> without a valid unit test doesn't seem likely to happen.
> --Juan

But a statement just before that says it 'just' causes a test failure.
Is there no other way around this?

If we only want to have a test case to prove how Windows works I'd find
a hack to skip the test on Wine a little bit better.

And why couldn't we fix the problem before submitting tests? This
happens all the time. If people really want to see proof before changing
the implementation we can use our testbot to show the tests are correct
(just give the tests patch to the testbot and run it on all platforms).

--
Cheers,

Paul.