DNS-sd Patch V.4

C.W. Betts computers57 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 22 18:36:30 CDT 2010

On Apr 22, 2010, at 1:09 PM, Hans Leidekker wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 11:56 -0600, C.W. Betts wrote:
>
>> The Photoshop CS3 installer seems to stall during installation due to
>> the lack of Bonjour (bug 15590). This patch attempts to fix it.
>
> No, it now succeeds in starting Bonjour, even if there's a native
> mdns server running (see comment #36). The problem is that when Bonjour
> finds that it can't do a wildcard bind it binds to specific addresses,
> thereby stealing traffic from the native server.
My bad. Completely forgot about that.

> We should investigate if the native server can be used by Photoshop.
> Then we could write a stub Bonjour service so that Photoshop will not
> attempt to install its own version.
One question about making a Windows service: would the programs still be making calls to the DLL? Or would the be making calls to the service? If they're making calls to the DLL, wouldn't something be needed to route those calls to the OS-native dns-sd implementation?

Again, forgive my ignorance on this subject :/