wine + rtkit, take 2

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 00:51:01 CDT 2010

Hi all,

Just thought I'd try my luck again with rtkit, so here's what I came up
with this time without a bizarre dbus call in ntdll. :)

This requires a patch to rtkit, since I'm setting the realtime priority
of a different process. However since rtkit will validate the pid/tid,
userid and starting time independently, so it is guaranteed that we
won't be able to ddos.

wine-rtkit.patch has to be applied to wine. the rtkit patch to rtkit.

Of course it's still a proof of concept. If AJ is interested in merging
this after rtkit has merged a patch, then I will clean up the hardcoded
dlopen. ;)

Open for feedback.

Cheers,
Maarten