configure: Refuse to build wine64 with buggy gcc

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 06:11:08 CDT 2010

Hi Michael,

2010/4/26 Michael Stefaniuc <mstefani at redhat.com>:
> Maarten Lankhorst wrote:
>> ---
>> ;D
> As there is no fixed gcc out there I'd rather see configure warn here
> instead of aborting. We do want to make it easy for people to compile
> Wine64.
Any bug report would be useless on 64-bits with a broken gcc. For
example the gdiplus tests fail, so any app that would use gdiplus
would potentially be broken badly, as can be witnessed by the failing
tests. I believe it's better to downward refuse to build there, than
to trace down bugs that don't really exist. If that requires patching
and rebuilding gcc for wine only so be it. I'll try to get the gcc
guys to accept the patch in the meantime. :)

Cheers,
Maarten