Please report mcicda (CDROM audio) test results

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Wed Aug 4 11:09:30 CDT 2010

Hi,

Jeff Zaroyko wrote:

>> mcicda: 98 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 2 failures), 0 skipped.
>With a dual mode cd which has a data and audio tracks:
>mcicda: 90 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 14 failures), 0 skipped.
>Tried a different cd with audio tracks only:
>mcicda: 90 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 15 failures), 0 skipped.

Strange, a mixed CD should have executed more tests, like my
sample result.  I'll add a skip when only audio tracks are found.
The only way to have 0 skips flagged would then to use a mixed
data + audio CD like you initially did. However those are rare.

Thank you for your feedback. That gives me food to digest later.
At a first glance, it looks like nothing was ever played.

Octavian Voicu wrote:
>> I noticed the midi notes playing, didn't think much of it.
>That's nothing, some tests record whatever comes via the microphone
>then play it back. Might be scary if you forget about the tests :)
That comment really had me ROTFL.
It's also me who wrote those tests - recording, midi, mcicda :-)
I don't have a microphone.

Regards,
 Jörg Höhle