problem with ./configure & libGLU vs. libice-dev

GOUJON Alexandre ale.goujon at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 06:16:28 CDT 2010

On 08/22/2010 10:09 AM, wylda at volny.cz wrote:
>>> So why configure says me "-lGLU... not found"
>>> when file "/usr/lib/libGLU.so.1" is present

alex at Evan:~/Desktop$ diff configure_output_ok_libice_dev_missing.txt
configure_output_bad_libice_dev_present.txt
506c506
< checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... no
---
 > checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
539c539
< checking for -lGLU... libGLU.so.1
---
 > checking for -lGLU... not found
802a803
 > configure: libGLU development files not found, GLU won't be supported.

It clearly appears that libGLU.so was present during the "ok" configure
execution and not for the other.