d3dx9: Implement D3DXFVFFromDeclarator.

misha680 misha680 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 07:47:40 CDT 2010

Henri Verbeet wrote:

> On 30 August 2010 23:07, Misha Koshelev <misha680 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Looking forward to (constructive) comments.
>>
> Why are colors and normals special? What use is hasPosition? What
> happens when the source declaration has e.g. two color elements with
> usage index 0, or two position elements? Note that the booleans are
> redundant, you store that information in the FVF.

As you can see by the tests added, colors and normals have an ordering that
is specifically constrained within the FVF.

To clarify, by saying that the booleans are redundant, do you mean to say
that, say, if I have a normal element, I should iterate back through all
declaration elements that have already been processed and check for a prior
color element, and then return D3DERR_INVALIDCALL?

Again, for the case of two color elements or two normal elements, are you
suggesting I do the same (iterate through all past elements)? Wouldn't, in
this case, a boolean be more efficient?

hasPosition I apologize does not need to be there.

Just trying to clarify your points regarding your comments re booleans and
specialty of colors and normals.

Thank you
Misha