d3dx9: Implement D3DXFVFFromDeclarator.

Misha Koshelev misha680 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 11:16:36 CDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 7:58 AM, Henri Verbeet <hverbeet at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 31 August 2010 14:47, misha680 <misha680 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> As you can see by the tests added, colors and normals have an ordering that
>> is specifically constrained within the FVF.
>>
> Well yes, but I'd say that ordering should apply to *any* FVF element,
> not just colors and normals. E.g., point size before position or
> texture before color should be just as untranslatable.
Thank you. I was not aware of these constraints.

Is there, by any chance, a good place for this? I have been checking
the MSDN docs so far:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb147173%28VS.85%29.aspx
but at least upon my initial reads did not notice any such guidelines.

>> To clarify, by saying that the booleans are redundant, do you mean to say
>> that, say, if I have a normal element, I should iterate back through all
>> declaration elements that have already been processed and check for a prior
>> color element, and then return D3DERR_INVALIDCALL?
>>
> No, but you can check "*fvf & D3DFVF_NORMAL" to see if you already
> have a normal.
That is a great idea!

I honestly did not think of that at all. Thank you for the wonderful hint.

Misha