ntdll/tests: Remove tests for overlong instructions

Greg Geldorp ggeldorp at vmware.com
Mon Dec 20 06:21:17 CST 2010

> From: Alexandre Julliard
>
> "Greg Geldorp" writes:
> > The "overlong instruction" test produces different results on different
> > test machines. Since it fails on other machines besides the TestBot VMs I
> > don't think this is a TestBot problem.
>
> Do you have evidence that it also fails on real hardware?

No, I don't, since I'm not sure which test results are generated on real
hardware and which on virtual hardware. I found the following failures on
test.winehq.org:

http://test.winehq.org/data/17e66e06d613026387753f350aa2eaedbcb02ac1/2000_NeptuneSeries06/ntdll:exception.html
http://test.winehq.org/data/17e66e06d613026387753f350aa2eaedbcb02ac1/2000_WinY2K-gap/ntdll:exception.html
http://test.winehq.org/data/b51f8d48128ff0876341e4f31b4d4e1f31f9dad4/2000_Swastika-Series-03/ntdll:exception.html
http://test.winehq.org/data/5f694ddf4c211c1c167a15541c2654175ce42a62/2000_WinNeptuneSeries01/ntdll:exception.html
http://test.winehq.org/data/5f694ddf4c211c1c167a15541c2654175ce42a62/2000_WinNeptuneSeries02/ntdll:exception.html
http://test.winehq.org/data/1c7d349f26c89c9be410978148c64f59c987cf82/2000_ajhstest04/ntdll:exception.html
http://test.winehq.org/data/1c7d349f26c89c9be410978148c64f59c987cf82/2000_ajhstest05/ntdll:exception.html
http://test.winehq.org/data/17e66e06d613026387753f350aa2eaedbcb02ac1/xp_fg-winxp-sp1/ntdll:exception.html

Perhaps the submitters of those results can let us know whether they're using a VM?

Of course, if you prefer I can also either mark the failing tests as broken, or add
an alternative set of allowable results.

Greg.