Death to win9x?

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Thu Dec 23 01:11:19 CST 2010

* On Wed, 22 Dec 2010, Jacek Caban wrote:

> dropping win9x tests has nothing to do with dropping win9x support.

It has, but in a small degree -- if win9x support regresses now, these
existing few cases of testing win9x specifics won't do their job.

> These test results weren't helpful nor useful anyways.

And how is the project going to get rid of win9x specifics in the
winetest?  Some of them were being skip()ed, some broken() and some of
them were left just as valid (eg. ERROR_NOT_LOGGED_ON).

You will you let them rot?

But I see the pluses too.  Now if I stuck upon some win9x-specifics, I can
change WinAPI function without even needing a test case.  Because it won't
be tested anyway, right? :)

I guess more patches are going to go through since<g>.

S.