msi: Don't fail if the service to start is already running.

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 09:39:38 CST 2010

On 02/01/2010 04:31 PM, Hans Leidekker wrote:
> On Monday 01 February 2010 16:20:56 Paul Vriens wrote:
>
>> On 02/01/2010 09:55 AM, Hans Leidekker wrote:
>>> +
>>> +    scm = OpenSCManager(NULL, NULL, SC_MANAGER_ALL_ACCESS);
>>> +    ok(scm != NULL, "Failed to open the SC Manager\n");
>>> +
>>> +    service = OpenService(scm, "TermService", SC_MANAGER_ALL_ACCESS);
>>> +    ok(service != NULL, "Failed to open TermService\n");
>>
>> Hi Hans,
>>
>> Win9x/WinMe don't have the notion of services. 'TermService' is not
>> available on all platforms. We could use 'Spooler' and bail out if we
>> get ERROR_SERVICE_DOES_NOT_EXIST?
>>
>> Let me know and I'll create/send a patch.
>
> Win9x is already detected in install.c so lets just use that. It's not a
> problem if TermService is not available everywhere.
>
>   -Hans

'TermService' is not available on my NT and W2K boxes, so using
'Spooler' would give us greater coverage.

Do you agree with the attached?

One other thing is that we stop the service regardless of whether it was
already started. Not a big issue as I don't suspect anyone running
winetests on their production boxes, but still.

--
Cheers,

Paul.