libpng dependency issue

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 16:42:46 CST 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 8:46 PM, Luca Bennati <lucak3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> First: should i open a bug for this?
> The problem is from the new libpng 1.4.0: this evening i just updated this
> lib, and now i get compile error in dlls/windowscodecs/pngformat.c
> I'm still investigating the issue to find a solution, but the change that
> introduced this is clear, directly from their README:
> Removed deprecated functions png_read_init, png_write_init, png_info_init,
>     png_permit_empty_plte, png_set_gray_1_2_4_to_8, and removed the
>     deprecated macro PNG_MAX_UINT.

We don't seem to use any of the functions / macros you mentioned. It
would be best to figure out what is wrong by checking the compile log.
We might be able to run using both 1.2 and 1.4 if the functions we use
have stayed the same.

BTW what distribution are you using? Does libpng now link to
libpng14.so (previously it linked to libpng12.so).

Roderick