Status of Patchwatcher

Seth Shelnutt shelnutt2 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 14:32:35 CST 2010

2010/2/16 André Hentschel <nerv at dawncrow.de>

> Just some ideas by me:
>

> Dan Kegel schrieb:
> > Seth Shelnutt wrote:
> >> I am wondering what that status of patchwatcher is?
> >
> > It's waiting around for somebody to have time to start it
> > up again.  It's ugly code, written in shell and perl, which
> > scares most people off.  One has to wonder whether it
> > shouldn't be done over again using buildbot, just to avoid
> > scaring people.  But it could live on in its present form
> > given time and attention.  Another problem is that the
> > code for watching for patch series is fragile.  We might
> > conceivably move to driving it from a web submission form
> > like WineTestBot uses, that would solve that.
>
> maybe we can merge patchwatcher with http://source.winehq.org/patches/ or
> let it just parse it and let patchwatcher run on an extra winetestbot
> machine??

Well in that case then, perhaps an entire GSoC project could be devoted to
patchwatcher and getting it running again? I would be interested in doing
such a thing. I will download the code from your google site (I assume that
is the latest code?), and start having some fun with it to get myself
acquainted.

Thanks,

Seth Shelnutt