[PATCH 5/5] cmd: rename reference file from .out to .exp to avoid clash with gnu make builtin rule
paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 07:41:45 CST 2010
On 02/18/2010 01:32 PM, Paul Vriens wrote:
> On 02/18/2010 11:36 AM, Paul Vriens wrote:
>> On 02/18/2010 09:50 AM, Paul Vriens wrote:
>>> On 02/16/2010 10:08 PM, Dan Kegel wrote:
>>>> Without this, editing the .cmd file and then running make would
>>>> cause make to overwrite the .out file with a copy of the .cmd file!
>>>> Evidently '.out' is not appropriate as a suffix for a nongenerated
>>>> source file. The arbitrarily-chosen .exp suffix works better
>>>> (if anyone asks, it stands for 'expected output').
>>>> programs/cmd/tests/batch.c | 4 ++--
>>>> programs/cmd/tests/rsrc.rc | 4 ++--
>>>> programs/cmd/tests/test_builtins.cmd.exp | 18 ++++++++++++++++++
>>>> programs/cmd/tests/test_builtins.cmd.out | 18 ------------------
>>>> 4 files changed, 22 insertions(+), 22 deletions(-)
>>>> create mode 100644 programs/cmd/tests/test_builtins.cmd.exp
>>>> delete mode 100644 programs/cmd/tests/test_builtins.cmd.out
>>> Hi Dan,
>>> These last changes introduce several test failures on some W2K, XP and
>>> W2K3 boxes but on all Wine ones:
>>> One thing I've noticed is that the succeeding ones run 12 tests whereas
>>> the failing ones run 14 tests.
>>> Could you have a look?
>> Nice, I just ran the latest tests again on winetestbot (as you also did
>> before submitting) and they don't fail.
>> So the big issue will be to reproduce these failures. I wasn't able on
>> Windows, but I am on Wine when doing something like:
>> "wine winetest-latest.exe cmd.exe:batch"
>> Note that "make batch.ok" works just fine.
>> I've build my own winetest and there I can trigger the failures on Wine
>> as well. On to some debugging exercise.
> I think, I got it. It's a case-sensitivity issue.
> When I run the crosscompiled winetest on my Wine box I get for 'workdir':
> The test.out file however contains:
> (notice the lower case 't' for temp).
> The same is probably true for several Windows boxes. On the winetestbot
> tests are run from the C:\winetest directory. Winetest.exe however uses
> the "%TEMP%\wct" directory which contains (XP/W2K3) something like
> 'Document and Settings'.
Just sent a patch to fix the Wine failures.
Forget the remarks about Windows and case-sensitivity, that needs more
More information about the wine-devel