Intercepting GDI calls

Ove Kaaven ovek at arcticnet.no
Thu Feb 18 16:54:19 CST 2010

Steven Edwards skrev:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Ove Kaaven <ovek at arcticnet.no> wrote:
>> Sure it might be confusing, because that's not how the logic goes in the
>> Microsoft world. Over there, the big machine acting as Terminal Server
>> thing is the server, and the Remote Desktop client, which provides the
>> actual display, is the client... while on X11, it's the complete
>> opposite. I'm not going to pretend that it couldn't be confusing.
>
> The whole X11 client/server discussion was touched on in the Unix
> Haters Handbook chapter on X11. I think that reference proves the
> merit of the argument.

Hmm. Well, I'll take your word for it, I haven't read that and don't
plan to, since I'm quite happy with Unix and X11 myself. (Its logic also
does make sense to me these days, though that doesn't mean I always
understood its architecture. It looks like there's a learning curve to
these things, which is why I know it could be confusing to people.
Doesn't mean I don't like it. Often, I like confusing stuff.)