Italian translation

Nikolay Sivov bunglehead at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 11:19:55 CST 2010

On 2/20/2010 18:33, Francesco Argese wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to the list. I'm a Wine enthusiast: I have installed it on my machine
> (with Ubuntu 9.10) Thursday 18 February and I already love it.
>
> I'd like to give some contributes to the project. I have a degree in Computer
> Science Engineering taken at University of Salento in Italy and I know C and C++
> programming languages (I have worked with them).
>
> As first contribute I am thinking to do translation of Wine into my native
> language (italian), beginning from the site.
>
> I have read all the documents available on the official site regarding
> this subject. Is there something else to know to do a translation?

Hi, Francesco. Nothing special here.

Main rules are:
- add new file with makefile entry for it;
- .rc file should be in UTF-8 encoding with #pragma code_page(65001) in
it (grep for it);
- check your translation with LANG=<yourlocalename> wine <app>.
- submit a single patch per module with you real name and email in
author field.