Another aspiring GSoC applicant..

Juan Lang juan.lang at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 13:10:55 CST 2010

Hi David, I'll comment on the Explorer suggestion, as I added it:

> I've also looked a bit at implementing support for IFileDialog, and
> the Explorer, but I have yet to dig too deep into either of them. Are
> there currently any known applications out there that uses IFileDialog
> explicitly? I've looked a bit, probably not enough, but I haven't been
> able to find anything except example code. Also, are there any
> applications that fail to run because explorer is missing
> functionality, or would the end-result of that suggested project
> function mainly as an end-user utility?

Off the top of my head I can't think of any applications that fail
because it's missing.  On the other hand, an Explorer app would make
it easier to test other bugs in our shell implementation, e.g. missing
support for the properties dialog (bug 8692.)
--Juan