[rfc] initial conformance test for programs/cmd

André Hentschel nerv at dawncrow.de
Sat Jan 2 12:12:58 CST 2010

Dan Kegel schrieb:
> On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 5:25 AM, Eric Pouech <eric.pouech at orange.fr> wrote:
>> what I don't like in current design:
>> - it requires external files to the generic .c file (but putting it into a
>> resource would do)
>
> The current design *does* put the external files into a resource, so
> I think I've satisfied that already.
>
>> - but more importantly, you cannot simply have a result that depends on some
>> test conditions or previous results (for example "date"...)
>> - also it won't allow to use some "interactive" features of cmd (like
>> filename completion on tab)
>>
>> so I'd better like an approach where you decide, command by command, which
>> input strings you send to cmd and how to interpret the final result out of
>> the shell. the file approach you're currently using could be of course
>> implemented on top of this first layer
>
> I'm fine with adding those, but I'd prefer to do it later.
> The current simple approach will handle most of what
> we need.  It has already found lots of problems.
> - Dan

i really like that try, but i guess Eric meant to move it in a real .res-file and compile it as that.(so it should be in some TEXT resource format)
but you are right IMO to add further tests later.
and i am a bit afraid how that works together with the online winetest scripts, so we dont crash them.
i can look into that earliest on monday as i am busy till then

--

Best Regards, Andre' Hentschel