Patch feedback requested for OleCreatePropertyFrame()

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 18:22:30 CST 2010

Hi Geoffrey,

2010/1/4 Geoffrey Hausheer <winedevel9605 at phracturedblue.com>:
> Some software I'm using is configured via an OleCreatePropertyFrame
> call which isn't implemented in Wine (ticket #16564).  I can use
> winetricks + dcom98 to get it working, but would prefer not to need
> that.  I found a patch from 2001 written by TAKESHIMA Hidenori that
> was posted to wine-patches
> (http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2001-October/001229.html)
> but never committed.  I cleaned up the patch to compile against
> current Git and am including it here for inspection.  I can't find any
> documentation on why it wasn't included at that time, and haven't done
> any Wine development for a long time, so I'm not sure what it will
> take to get it included.
>
> I have tested it, and it works pretty much fine for me (not quite as
> pretty as the dcom menu, but it is functional).  I'd be happy to write
> a test for it if I had any idea how to do that, but I'm not sure where
> to begin for a function like this.
>
> Anyhow, I'm open to feedback on what should be done before I submit
> the patch for inclusion
>
> FYI: I was unable to find a currently valid email address for Takeshima
Those defines bother me:

+#define CPropertyPageContainerImpl_AddRef(pContainer)
(++((pContainer)->ref))
+#define CPropertyPageContainerImpl_Release(pContainer)
(--((pContainer)->ref))
Interlocked* functions?

The other define looks ugly, testcases are missing, and A functions
are used, rather than the W functions, which is probably what blocked
this.

Some of the FIXME messages should really be warns too.

Cheers,
Maarten.