valgrind progress: only 426 errors left?!

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Jan 4 18:11:41 CST 2010

Rob Shearman's commit,
http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/?a=commit;h=9dc584d0a2cae7cfb4816fe982071d264d2345ff
seems to have caused a spectacular improvement in jscript/tests/run.c's
leakage:

  LEAK SUMMARY:
-    definitely lost: NNN bytes in 19,001 blocks
+    definitely lost: NNN bytes in 4 blocks

woot!  The stats are now
      1 Invalid free/ delete / delete[]
      1 Use of uninitialised value of size 4
      2 Source and destination overlap in memcpy
      3 Syscall param writev
      6 Invalid write of size 4
      7 Invalid read of size 2
      8 Invalid write of size 1
     22 Invalid read of size 4
     41 Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value
    335 XXX bytes in XXX blocks are definitely lost
total:  426

Amazing progress for December.   I'll be happy if in January
we cut the error count by 10% down to 380...

There were two runs today;
http://kegel.com/wine/valgrind/logs/2010-01-04-06.56
covered last Thursday's git,
http://kegel.com/wine/valgrind/logs/2010-01-04-10.14
was fresh.

Also: I'm deleting really old valgrind logs to avoid going over quota.