[2/3] ntdll: fill unused tails of heap blocks if HEAP_FREE_CHECKING_ENABLED (take 3)

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Fri Jan 8 04:08:09 CST 2010

Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> writes:

> To check whether we're too early in process setup to
> check global flags, I compare the arguments of RtlCreateHeap
> with the ones used by the call in virtual_init().  This is
> not especially clean, but I couldn't think of anything
> better.  I can hear Alexandre hitting the 'd' key already,
> so if anyone has a better idea, please let me know.

That's a sure hint that you shouldn't have submitted the patch. As I
told you on IRC, you have to make the patch the best you possibly can
*before* showing it to me. That's doubly true for a patch that has
already seen several rounds. If you truly can't find a better way you
can always ask for suggestions on IRC or wine-devel. Submitting broken
patches (worse, that you already know are broken) is only going to make
it harder for you to get anything in.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org