Usage of libxml2 for several modules

Nikolay Sivov bunglehead at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 14:26:59 CST 2010

On 1/19/2010 19:36, Jacek Caban wrote:
> Hi*Nikolay*,
>

> >  If I'm right then only solution is to link to libxml2 statically from
> >  each module. Is it an acceptable way?
> >
> >  P.S. having a separate copy of libxml2 allows to tweak its namespace
> >  support (I believe there's some discussions of that problem in bugzilla).
>

> I think it would be better to avoid using libxml2 for xmllite
> implementation. Writing XML parser from scratch is easy and we can
> avoid problems with incompatibilities.

Hi.

Actually I don't see (yet) any incompatibilities for xmllite, except
depth security threshold. I'm not very familiar with parsers in general,
could you help me please with some useful links or good examples of
already implemented simple xml parsers (except libxml2 of course) that
you could suggest as good start.