[user32/tests] Don't crash on Win9x/WinMe

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 09:53:44 CST 2010

On 01/21/2010 04:48 PM, Peter Dons Tychsen wrote:
>  >> But maybe not with a window that's in the process (or already) of
> being destroyed (in the callback).
>
> OK, but in the the first run of the "loop" we are not in the process of
> destroying the window, as DestroyWindow has not been called yet. Am i
> missing something? Are there other things that cause the window to destroy?

The window is destroyed at the first WM_CAPTURECHANGED message.

>  >>Yes, I'm a 100% sure it's this call. I commented several pieces of
> code to get to this conclusion.
> And you are also sure this happens the first time the API is called, and
> not the second time (because of the loop)?

I'm lost here as TrackPopupMenu() is not called in a loop. It's only
called once. So which API function are you referring to?

I did also see the SetCapture(hwnd) (just before the Win9x check) has a
return value of NULL.

The DestroyWindow(hwnd) (at the end) is called when the window is
already destroyed but that doesn't do any harm.

--
Cheers,

Paul.