winex11.drv: Added missing mouse position clipping. (try 2)

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 23 13:00:27 CST 2010

Lauri Kenttä wrote:
> James McKenzie wrote:
>
>> Programming can and is brutal.
>>

> Yes, I know. But programming can also be nice and fun. It will be exactly
> what the community makes it. I've seen both kinds, and guess which ones
> have had more active users. This was my point, so do not misunderstand:
> I'm certainly not saying that bad patches should be accepted.

Been there, done that.  It is always desireable to have harmony.
However, there will always be the person or persons that will be
brutal.  That is Vitaly's way and nothing so far has changed.  I just
accept comments and dismiss the other items.  That is best for now.
>> Windows does not trap the mouse and neither should Wine.
>>

> I'm not sure what you mean.
What I mean is that windowed games do not trap the mouse at the windows
edge and prevent it from leaving the window.

>  If you're saying that ClipCursor doesn't
> actually trap it, please try it out first. As simple as this:
>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <windows.h>
>
> int main()
> {
>     RECT rc;
>     SetRect(&rc, 100, 100, 200, 200);
>     ClipCursor(&rc);
>     getchar();
>     ClipCursor(NULL);
>     return 0;
> }
>
> If you're running Windows on a virtual machine, remember to disable things
> like "mouse pointer integration" before testing.

I don't run Windows here.  And I cannot build programs on my office
machine.  If you want to compile the program and provide it via PM then
feel free to do so.  Otherwise, I will not be able to test this.

>> If you are in a virtual desktop, the mouse should stop at the edge of
>> the window and move to where you re-enter it.
>>

> I think we all agree about that, but GetCursorPos currently doesn't.

That is brokenness then.  Please continue to try and fix it.

James McKenzie