relay log problem

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Thu Jan 28 17:21:46 CST 2010

On 01/28/2010 10:59 PM, Henri Verbeet wrote:
> On 28 January 2010 22:39, Stefan Leichter<Stefan.Leichter at camline.com>  wrote:
>> Is this a know problem? Is a work around available?
>>
> Yeah, that's a known problem. As a workaround you can use ">>"
> (append) instead of ">" to redirect to the file. You'll still need the
> "2>&1" to redirect stderr to stdout, of course.
That won't workaround the problem. The problem is that there are
multiple threads/programs that write at the same time to stdout/stderr.
I have seen it with fixme/err/warn messages too; even with crash dumps.

For the winefixme collector i have the luxury to be able to ignore the
mangled output lines; not so much for the wineoops crash collector.

bye
	michael