Creating tests with additional binary modules

Mariusz Pluciński vshader at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 14:12:06 CDT 2010

> Do they really need to be separate binaries?
Unfortunately yes. To the function I pass only the path to binary,
and it unpacks data internally, so I cannot select actual resource.

 One binary can contain multiple GDFs only if they are translations
of the same file in few languages. And I don't know is there any
way to force library to load specified language version (and it is,
in my opinion, not "clean" way of testing).

> And no, it doesn't have to be a pure win-pe binary. Wine can load
> and parse resources just from winelib (dll.so/exe.so) binaries.
That's true on Wine, but I also want to make my tests runnable
under Windows, so in this case I need to create native PE modules.

And as I said,  my main problem is that I don't know how to
write rules in Makefile.in to build what I need.