Yagmark and localized Windows

Erich Hoover ehoover at mines.edu
Mon Jul 5 09:15:50 CDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 8:03 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:

> Sadly, I've found window class IDs to not be very unique (though I've
> looked mostly in Wine and not Windows).

A long time ago (Win2K era) I wrote an application for Windows that replaced
the text everywhere (that wouldn't crash the OS) with "All Your Base Are
Belong To Us."  At least at the time, you could rely on the window class to
differentiate between different types of windows (dialogs vs. menus vs.
different types of controls).  Taking advantage of this behavior was
especially important in IE, which would crash the whole OS if you changed
the text of any of its menus.

Erich Hoover
ehoover at mines.edu