mapi32: Add Gaelic resource (try4)

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Tue Jul 6 16:51:49 CDT 2010

On 07/06/2010 11:36 PM, Ken Sharp wrote:
> On 6/7/2010 9:51 PM, Paul Vriens wrote:
>> On 07/06/2010 08:45 PM, Ken Sharp wrote:
>>> Works fine here, but I've changed the encoding of the patch to see if
>>> that helps.
>>>

>> Hi Ken,
>>
>> This one is even worse:
>>
>> ../../../wine-git/dlls/mapi32/Ga.rc:32:87: Error: Invalid character in
>> string 'R-phost a sheoladh mar a theip n� g� duit a cliant r�omhphoist
>> MAPI shuite�il.' for codepage 65001
>> make[1]: *** [Ga.res] Error 1
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/wine/wine64/dlls/mapi32'
>> make: *** [dlls/mapi32] Error 2
>>
>> You've changed the encoding of the file but left in the pragma.
>>
>> The problem with applying was not with Ga.rc but with the changes to
>> Makefile.in
>>

> Ah I see. Works fine here so something must be broke. :(
Did you test it with a fresh branch? You don't even need a named branch
for that; one with the detached HEAD works as well for the test:
- git checkout origin/master
- git am $email

I'm not sure how you follow the upstream git: git pull --rebase or plain
git pull which uses merges. I'm pretty sure the git merge will manage to
resolve the conflict in Makefile.in automatically. That could be the
explanation why it works for you.

bye
	michael