kernel32 translation

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Wed Jul 7 03:36:38 CDT 2010

Hello Gustavo,

Gustavo wrote:
> I'm approaching 100% of translation of wine to Brazilian Portuguese :D
Cool, great job!

> As can be seen in wine statistics, the MESSAGE #1 from dlls/kernel32 in
> Brazilian Portuguese is actually translated in European Portuguese. As I
> can see, only the "default sublanguages" languages have that file
> translated, so it is supposed to stay that way, isn't it?
Not really. LANG_PORTUGUESE, SUBLANG_PORTUGUESE is the NEUTRAL form not
DEFAULT. DEFAULT sublang for Portuguese is SUBLANG_PORTUGUESE_BRAZILIAN.
You can see it on
http://source.winehq.org/transl/resfile.php?lang=016%3A01&resfile=dlls%2Fkernel32
"resource MESSAGE #1: Translation inherited from Portuguese (Neutral)"

If the pt_BR translation of those messages is different you can copy
winerr_ptg.mc to winerr_ptb.mc and adapt it for
SUBLANG_PORTUGUESE_BRAZILIAN. The magic number for pt_BR is:
  LanguageNames=(PTB=0x0116:winerr)

bye
	michael