wined3d/directx.c: Corrected Nvidia 8400 and 8500 reporting

Seth Shelnutt shelnutt2 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 13:36:56 CDT 2010

Roderick,

You are right in that cuda is allowed on all GPU with 256mb of memory or
more, the problem is that the 8300 doesn't support cuda. The 8300m does, but
having the 84/8500 report as an 8300 means that if a program,
folding at homein this case, checks the gpu reported against a list of
cuda supported
devices, then it will fail. Weither it is because of the video memory
reporting or simply the string "Nvidia Geforce 8300 GS" I am not sure.

Separating the 85/8400 into it's own id is valid and easy enough to do. I
had tied them to the 8600GT because I thought it was simpler and created
less overhead for just two GPU's that probably don't represent a large
population. I think the 8400 should be tied to the 8500 or on it's own. If
you put the 8400 back with the 8300 then someone might run into the same
issue we are having now.

Thanks,

Seth Shelnutt