Please remove / block user from bugzilla

Rosanne DiMesio dimesio at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 14 11:17:48 CDT 2010

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 07:26:40 -0700
Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:

> I only see one post from him ever, and he was *trying* to be
> helpful.   Everybody should get a few chances.  A warning
> should suffice.

Dan,

A lot of new users mistake bugzilla for a support forum, and bug reports are littered with comments that don't belong there. Would it be possible to add a line to the text above the comment entry box (by the "do not paste logs" warning) telling people more explicitly what sorts of comments are appropriate, and directing them to the forum for user support?  Yes, I know some people will ignore it anyway, but it might help cut down on the noise.

--
Rosanne DiMesio <dimesio at earthlink.net>