dlls/ntdll/file.c: Use FIXME_ONCE for quieter reports.

Max TenEyck Woodbury max at mtew.isa-geek.net
Wed Jul 14 15:57:40 CDT 2010

On 07/14/2010 03:57 PM, Sven Baars wrote:
> Michael Stefaniuc wrote:
>> Hello Max,
>>
>> are you replacing all FIXME with FIXME_ONCE? While I do agree that we
>> need the _ONCE variant changing all FIXME is not useful.
>>
>> bye
>> michael
>>
>> On 07/14/2010 09:02 PM, Max TenEyck Woodbury wrote:
>>> ---
>>> dlls/ntdll/file.c | 40 ++++++++++++++++++----------------------
>>> 1 files changed, 18 insertions(+), 22 deletions(-)
>>>

> Also, the patch that you sent earlier, that implements FIXME_ONCE has
> been deferred until after wine 1.2, which means you have to send it
> again after wine 1.2 has been released. The same counts for every patch
> you have sent today (because they depend on yesterday's patch), so you
> might want to wait until after the release before sending any more patches.
>
> Sven
>
> P.S. You can see that it has been deferred here:
> http://source.winehq.org/patches/

1) No, I am not replacing all 'FIXME's with 'FIXME_ONCE's. I'm working
on things labeled 'stub' or equivalent. Also 'FIXME's that do not have
any additional information. I went over the files that bug 15435 said
were too noisy. There are almost certainly many other places
'FIXME_ONCE' can be used.

2) Consider committing yesterday's patch instead of deferring it?