dlls/ntdll/file.c: Use FIXME_ONCE for quieter reports.

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 19:53:10 CDT 2010

On Wednesday, July 14, 2010 5:02:59 pm Max TenEyck Woodbury wrote:
> 'FIXME's that contain no variable
> information are completely redundant after their first report. After
> the first reminder, the additional reports are just noise. They add no
> additional information in terms of action required.

I wouldn't say that. Sometimes the simple knowledge that a FIXME is called a
whole lot says enough on its own (eg, in WineD3D, you get a fixme when an sRGB
reload occurs, because it's a performance drain; if this happens a lot, it can
be taken as a source for performance issues). Sometimes knowing particular a
fixme is triggered near to a crash or other behavioral anomaly can say a bit,
too.

If such fixmes were only printed once, it would be impossible to see this
information without more in-depth testing that most users won't bother with.
If the fixme is only printed once and the rest are TRACEs, it would still
cause more work and a whole lot more noise (ie. all the other traces) in
trying to spot it.