dlls/ntdll/file.c: Use FIXME_ONCE for quieter reports.

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at codeweavers.com
Thu Jul 15 02:29:25 CDT 2010

Max TenEyck Woodbury <max at mtew.isa-geek.net> wrote:

> If I am not mistaken, Alexandre is the one who decides what gets fixed.
> I observe that some movement has already taken place with respect to
> bug 15345. In reviewing the various files, some patching has already
> been done, so 'WONTFIX' is not really an option. How much more should
> be done is another question of course. It will be answered by people
> who are willing to do the work and by Alexandre.

The patches which silense some FIXME's have been accepted as an exception.
That covers the code which is unlikely to be fixed in near future, or the
code nobody is working on. Having a blanket FIXME_ONCE is not acceptable
at all. As I said before, better spend time learning things and fix those
FIXMEs instead. Creating documentation for the whole Win32 API and writing
the tests for single API and implementing missing features one by one are
completely different things of the scale and effort required.

--
Dmitry.