Please remove / block user from bugzilla

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 15 09:23:05 CDT 2010

>> Would it be possible to add a line to the text above the comment entry box
>> (by the "do not paste logs" warning) telling people more explicitly what sorts
>> of comments are appropriate, and directing them to the forum for user support?
>> Yes, I know some people will ignore it anyway, but it might help cut down on the
>> noise.
>
>As you point out, people don't read... it might be more useful to
>put a length limit check so that posting a long comment requires
>privileges.  Maybe that could be done as simply as "if this is user's
>first bug, don't let him post more than ten lines".

Dan:

Rosanne and you have a good point, but I would restrict it the limit to four lines.  You should be able to describe a valid bug in that space.  Anything more, and it becomes an attachement.

This would take care of the log file that was dropped in one bug and the 'I can't figure this out so here's five screenshots' in another.

+1 to the limit for my vote.

James McKenzie