Sending patches for bug #22918

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 16 17:38:19 CDT 2010

Misha Koshelev wrote:
> Dear All:
>
> Congrats on 1.2!
>
> I have begun sending my patches from my repository:
> http://github.com/misha680/wine/commits/master
>
> Specifically, I have sent the first 10 patches (of approx 70 currently).
>
> I look forward to your comments/commits ;)
>
> Also, if anyone knows how to make git format-patch only output the 10
> _bottom-most_ patches, please let me know.
>
> I tried:
> git format-patch -n --stdout origin --branches --not --remotes=upstream
> -10 | git imap-send
>
> (note the -10 in the command above)
>
> but that sends the 10 topmost patches, sadly :(

Bottom of git-format-patch man-page, example:

Extract commits between revisions R1 and R2, and apply them on top of the
current branch using git am to cherry-pick them:

                $ git format-patch -k --stdout R1..R2 | git am -3 -k

also read 'man git-rev-parse' about how to do address revision . You want ^10 or
  ~10 .