wined3d: Add Nvidia 8800GTX detection

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 20:59:23 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 11:54 PM, Luke Bratch <l_bratch at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> --- On Tue, 20/7/10, Henri Verbeet <hverbeet at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Negative on using experimental extensions I'm afraid.
>> Writing a proof
>> of concept patch is ok, of course, and I'd be willing to
>> review that,
>> but it can't go in until the extension is finalized. Note
>> that this
>> wouldn't allow you to get rid of the current code though,
>> you still
>> need a fallback. It would just allow for more accurate
>> reporting on
>> cards that do support that extension.
>
> The attached uses that experimental extension [1] to report the correct total memory for cards that support it, while sticking with the existing hard coded values and code layout for those that don't.
>
> I would appreciate any comments.
>
> Thanks
>
> Luke Bratch
>
> [1] http://developer.download.nvidia.com/opengl/specs/GL_NVX_gpu_memory_info.txt

Actually I wrote a GL_NVX_gpu_memory_info patch as well, didn't have
time to send the mail to here yet. The patch I wrote is a bit
different and I think that's how it should work. You have to keep the
current code as it is. After the gpu / amount of video memory have
been selected AND if no gpu memory override is set in the registry
(there can be good reasons for not exposing all video memory) then if
the nvidia extension is around, the amount of video memory should be
overridden. Let me dig up the stuff I made.

Roderick