[6/6] shlwapi/tests: Correct the prototype of the StrRetToBSTR function pointer.

Andrew Nguyen anguyen at codeweavers.com
Thu Jul 22 07:36:43 CDT 2010

On 07/22/2010 07:21 AM, Paul Vriens wrote:
> On 07/22/2010 02:03 PM, Andrew Nguyen wrote:
>>
>> There are a few things I'm wondering about:
>>
>> When the winetest shlwapi binary was built, what made the compiler
>> decide to import shell32 for the problematic string functions? Neither
>> my local cross-compile build nor the build that the test bot performs
>> seemed to do this. I notice that shell32 is the first import listed in
>> dlls/shlwapi/tests/Makefile.in. Was it possible that the listed import
>> order influenced how the compiler linked the string functions, and would
>> changing the import order be preferable to explicitly loading string
>> functions that seem to be available on all shlwapi versions?
>
> No clue. If we want to test some function in shlwapi however why not
> explicitly load them?

Well, I figure that since the problematic string functions under test
resided in the shlwapi tests, it seems natural to expect that shlwapi
would be linked in for the relevant functions rather than a different
imported DLL. I concede that explicitly loading the functions might be
the best way to resolve the ambiguity, however.