How to handle Wrapper(?) Dlls

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Jul 26 06:28:39 CDT 2010

Hello,

there are several hardware related libraries, like libusb and libftd2xx
which exist on Windows and at least linux. I tried already to add libftd2xx,
but with silent reject.

What is the preferred way to handle it? I feel including in wine is
favorable, as this gives a good user impression, as some hardware device
connected to the machine with the windows software installed has good
chances to work out of the box.

Another possibility, but much less favourable i.m.h.o. would be to build an
add-on dll, distributed  at either some place at winehq or else. This
however requires user intervention and some way to let the user know about
the translation dll.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de