GetVolumeInformationA: please test this on MS-Windows

Jeff Zaroyko jeffzaroyko at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 08:51:51 CDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 11:17 PM, Andrew Eikum <aeikum at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> On 07/29/2010 03:43 AM, Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com wrote:
>>
>> Andrew,
>>
>>> Run on a Win98SE VM.  The E drive is a CDROM drive.
>>
>> Thank you very much for the result. I added the broken(GetLastError()) for
>> Win9x
>> based on your data.
>>
>> Now is your chance to repeat the test with
>> https://testbot.winehq.org/JobDetails.pl?Key=4014
>> (either as .patch file or the binary from testbot).
>> This is valuable because testbot skips most new tests, lacking another
>> drive,
>> giving no proof that the fixed patch indeed works without errors on win9x.
>> If it fails, please report to wine-devel as I already submitted the new
>> patch.
>
> Hi Jörg,
>
> No failures with the testbot executable.  Run under the same Win98SE VM,
> again from the E: drive.
>
> Andrew

Out of curiosity, I ran your test binary in my MinGW shell  (as part
of msysgit)  under Windows Vista SP2 32bit.  Regular winetest doesn't
have any additional kernel32 volume test failures, but yours:

$ kernel32_test.exe volume
volume.c:395: Test failed: GetVolumeInformationA failed, last error 123
volume.c:406: Test failed: GetVolumeInformationA failed, last error 123
volume: 405 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 2 failures), 0 skipped.

$ uname -a
MINGW32_NT-6.0 JEFFZ-PC 1.0.11(0.46/3/2) 2009-02-27 22:34 i686 unknown

jeffz at JEFFZ-PC ~/Desktop
$ pwd
/c/Users/jeffz/Desktop

Regards