GPU driver version reporting

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 10:15:36 CDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Seth Shelnutt <shelnutt2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any reason that across all files we don't report the same driver
> version? Does windows not do this? Maybe it'd be easier to keep the code in
> wined3d and just have user32 and such call for the driver details? I haven't
> looked at how windows does it yet, but I'm just wondering if you guys have
> any idea of the top of you head.

We should behave the same way as Windows and also work as similar as
possible. Calling wined3d from user32 is not the right way. In the end
we likely have to move all the gpu detection stuff to winex11.drv and
somehow let wined3d retrieve the info from there. Other sources like
user32 (and perhaps registry keys) should also use this info.

Roderick