Call for translators

Dwayne Bailey dwayne at translate.org.za
Thu Jun 3 02:52:51 CDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 13:13 +0200, Michael Stefaniuc wrote:
> Dwayne Bailey wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 12:52 +0200, Paul Vriens wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> >> If you like to help out Wine but don't want to touch any of these
> >> resource files we can help you out. Please sent us an email with the
> >> language you'd like to translate Wine into and we will sent you the more
> >> familiar po files. These files show all the translatable strings from a
> >> resource file but in a less intriguing format. Once translated, you can
> >> sent these files back and we will turn them into the proper resource files.
> >>
> >> 'We' for now are Michael Stefaniuc and Paul Vriens but I guess others
> >> will chime in if needed.
> >
> > Could I offer to help an admin setup a Pootle server on Wine servers for
> > those who want/need to translate in PO format?
> Paul and I didn't plan to go that far yet but why not...
> Jeremy Newman is the winehq.org admin but he is chronically out of spare
> time.

Jeremy, how can I help?  Do you want to exchange some emails and we can
see if we can build a plan for implementation of Pootle on winehq.org?

> > In terms of PO format are you using rc2po from the Translate Toolkit?
> Yes. rc2po seems to work just fine. Though there are problems with po2rc
> but I didn't have yet time to look at fixing them.

Glad to see its useful and looking forward to patches ;)

--
Dwayne Bailey
Associate             Research Director        +27 12 460 1095 (w)

Recent blog posts:
* Localisation: How we guess the target translation language in Virtaal
http://www.translate.org.za/blogs/dwayne/en/content/localisation-how-we-guess-target-translation-language-virtaal
* Continuous integration, can it work for software localisation?
* Translate Toolkit - a powerful localisation toolkit

Firefox web browser in Afrikaans - http://af.www.mozilla.com/af/
African Network for Localisation (ANLoc) - http://africanlocalisation.net/