Wine code comments

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 5 16:32:21 CDT 2010

Octavian Voicu wrote:
> 2010/6/5 James McKenzie <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net>:
>
>> Also if (0)'d code should have a comment block on when and why it was
>> removed and what must be done to re-incorporate it and if someone is working
>> on it, a name and durable contact information.  Also, an anticpated
>> completion date, if known, should be entered.  Reliance on a particular
>> release is not sufficient.
>>

> Isn't that what `git blame' is for?
> Extra comments can go in the commit that introduces the if (0).

Git is a realitively new product.  Wine has been around before this was
released.  Some of the commented out code has no one in git to blame....

Also, if I were looking at this code from a pure security standpoint
(which I can do), git blame is NOT VALID.  Thus, I stand on my original
statement:  If you put it there, there should be comments IN THE CODE.
If you blocked something out, you should take ownership.

Sorry, AJ, but that is a legal stance, not a practical one.

James McKenzie