msvcrt printf test failed on NT4,win95

Alexander Scott-Johns alexander.scott.johns at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 7 18:56:21 CDT 2010

Thomas,

On 7 June 2010 20:04, Thomas Heckel <thomas.heckel at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> I was wondering why your patch b205fd8108eca2fd29705875e53ed852f56a6b6d
> "Proberly skip if functions are not available" made test errors on NT4
> and Win95 test instead of a skip while it works on newer windows
> platforms as expected.

I have no idea.

I can't see the real difference between tests/printf.c and (say)
tests/locale.c: both use win_skip, but printf.c fails and locale.c
works. Maybe it's the _CRT_NON_CONFORMING_SWPRINTFS define?

> Could this be the case because GetModuleHandle and these failing
> platforms are not widechar compatible? So maybe it needs using
> GetModuleHandleA?

No -- GetModuleHandle expands to GetModuleHandleA here. And I think
nt4 is a Unicode platform anyway.

> kind regards
> Thomas

Best regards,