Two enhancement requests for winetricks

Jan Hoogenraad jan-winehq at h-i-s.nl
Wed Jun 9 01:09:19 CDT 2010

Thanks a lot.

Regarding your comment on  id=127 "want uninstall":

Could this useage (use winetricks ONLY on a relatively empty .wine
directory to troubleshoot) be documented on every place in the
winetricks documentation directories ?
This is not the way the documentation feels at:
http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks

e.g. a short point explaining this, and that there is NO way to remove
winetricks will help here.

At this point, even the Ubuntu standard wine packaging includes
winetricks. This leaves end-users with the impression that they are
integral part of wine, and thus maintained.

Wine has been maturing.
I now have a stable Windows environment, which required a few winetricks
a year ago. This was then reasonable.
I really will not anymore remove the .wine directory to delete all
installed applications including keys & settings.

If I can help with starting an uninstaller, I am willing to put in some
time: A helpful step for me as a user would be to begin with a few cases
that can simply be implemented (e.g. cc580, which I could remove
recently due to a bug fix).

I also see some application-like entries (7zip, firefox, gecko, python,
vlc, wmp) where the package uninstaller may work.

--
Jan Hoogenraad
Hoogenraad Interface Services