[1/3] d3dx9: Allow sampler declaration without sampler type.

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Thu Jun 10 16:45:09 CDT 2010

Am 10.06.2010 um 18:28 schrieb Matteo Bruni:
> That's a good objection. The shader validator errors out on these
> typeless declarations. So maybe it's not safe for us to allow them, as
> we lack the shader validator? They are also useless probably at this
> point...
It wasn't intended as an objection. It was mostly curiosity, because we have no test in d3d9 that checks for similar behavior, and trying to actually use such a shader for rendering would be somewhat odd.

The patch is fine, and we should have the same behavior as Windows. If a game fails because the validator doesn't complain then the bug is the missing validator, not the assembler that behaves correctly.