resources: Convert Polish resources to UTF8.

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 01:38:08 CDT 2010

2010/6/11 Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry at codeweavers.com>:
> Frédéric Delanoy <frederic.delanoy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I see this patch has been "Rejected" in
>> http://source.winehq.org/patches/, but I just wondered why:
>> - are the UTF8 resources not preferred over custom codepages?
>> - or is the patch simply too big to review? Splitting into many tiny
>> patches seemed a bit overkill for such a simple change, no?
>>
>> Or maybe is it simply because Polish translations is still in
>> progress, and it can/will cause conflict?
>
> There is no point in just converting the translations. If you update
> a translation, and simulataneously convert it - that's OK.
>
> --
> Dmitry.

Well, I proposed Łukasz to use UTF8 (since it appeared to be the new
standard charset) while he was updating Polish translations, but since
he wasn't too comfortable with the process, I offered to do it myself,
so wrote a script to check/convert files (and he tested the result).

I could give him the script so he can use it when he updates a file,
but I don't see the added value not to do it directly.

I don't see the problem with converting files without updating a
single translation: is it so regression-prone?

Frédéric