[1/3] d3dx9: Allow sampler declaration without sampler type.

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Fri Jun 11 02:56:47 CDT 2010

Am 11.06.2010 um 04:59 schrieb James McKenzie:

> Stefan Dösinger wrote:
>> It wasn't intended as an objection. It was mostly curiosity, because we have no test in d3d9 that checks for similar behavior, and trying to actually use such a shader for rendering would be somewhat odd.
>>
> It might be a good idea to create the test first before attempting to commit this patch.  AJ probably would want this.
We don't know the validator's interface. It is undocumented. We're currently testing what it accepts and rejects by running native vsa.exe or psa.exe and see if it accepts the shader with validation on or off.
(the validator is implemented in d3d9.dll, not d3dx9.dll)

So implementing such a test is not trivial.