WineSkin v0.01

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 18 20:40:00 CDT 2010

Joel Holdsworth wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just wanted to highlight my new project - WineSkin
>
> http://www.airwebreathe.org.uk/wineskin/

Joel:

WineSkin is already taken for a method to build .app files on MacOSX.
> WineSkin is an attempt to create a set of scripts that auto-generate the
> necessary themes, visual styles and registry keys to visually integrate
> wine with the host desktop environment. At the moment I only support
> integrating 5 icons with the host, when the DE is Gnome. I'm hoping that
> the project will grow and eventually I'll be able to integrate with KDE
> and MacOS. For now I'm just focussing on trying to get any kind of good
> integration going.

Also, WineBottler is Mike Kronenberg's method of doing the same thing.

Hmmm.  I don't know of a name this could be changed to, but if you drop
on the User list post a message about this and ask for an appropriate
new name...

James McKenzie